Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Foren-Smilies KLICK HIER

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 25 Antworten
und wurde 482 mal aufgerufen
 GPL Gentlemen's League
Seiten 1 | 2
Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

11.08.2021 00:03
#16 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von Robert Fleurke im Beitrag #8
Indeed I did not see the starter/flagman.

Please send me a screenshot from the start and your field-of-view-angle. I´ll try to take that into account for the future.

In the past Willi´s view-angle had been the limit for the sides, your problem seems to be at the top!?

I always try to put the (relatively long) startingfield as close as possibel to the line, but everybody should be able to see the flag (waving) without changing the view.

Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

11.08.2021 00:11
#17 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von Ferdi im Beitrag #7
Wir sollten uns für nächste Woche einigen - Pace-Lap

Selbstveständlich starten wir fliegend! Warum nur habt ihr das nicht schon im Training gemacht?

Ja okay, ich hätte 65 Runden einstellen sollen, stimmt.

Robert Fleurke Offline

Renn-Genie

11.08.2021 12:13
#18 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von Loepi im Beitrag #16
Zitat von Robert Fleurke im Beitrag #8
Indeed I did not see the starter/flagman.

Please send me a screenshot from the start and your field-of-view-angle. I´ll try to take that into account for the future.

In the past Willi´s view-angle had been the limit for the sides, your problem seems to be at the top!?

I always try to put the (relatively long) startingfield as close as possibel to the line, but everybody should be able to see the flag (waving) without changing the view.

This is a screenshot of a start on Pole. It's zipped, but renamed to .txt to upload it here. I do use 106 degrees (horizontal) FOV, with slightly edited driver view to have mirrors in the sidescreens.

Dateianlage:
gplc67 2021-08-11 12-06-47-15.txt
Robert Fleurke Offline

Renn-Genie

11.08.2021 21:28
#19 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von tim im Beitrag #6
happy my engine didn´t blow up, as I had to manage the watertemp constantly at 107° the whole race long -that was quite interesting.

I think you mean oil temperature. Oil temperature threshold is 115C. Water temperature threshold is 100C (the higher you exceed the value, the higher the chance on damage). You can check water (and oil) temperature best in GPL Replay Analyzer, as most tachs are inaccurate.

Or do use Olaf's pribluda solution showing water temperature rather than oil temperature.

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=14196&#entry157989

Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

12.08.2021 15:40
#20 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von Robert Fleurke im Beitrag #19
I think you mean oil temperature. Oil temperature threshold is 115C. Water temperature threshold is 100C (the higher you exceed the value, the higher the chance on damage).

If you keep it (water temp.!) below 110°C at the Honda you´re almost save. It seems to be different to (most of?) the other cars...

Robert Fleurke Offline

Renn-Genie

12.08.2021 21:20
#21 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von Loepi im Beitrag #20
I think you mean oil temperature. Oil temperature threshold is 115C. Water temperature threshold is 100C (the higher you exceed the value, the higher the chance on damage).

If you keep it (water temp.!) below 110°C at the Honda you´re almost save. It seems to be different to (most of?) the other cars...

The more rpm's the engine makes, the more heat they generate. It's true that all cars have different reliability, but still my thresholds are generated from GPL code (Olaf Lehmann).

Above 115C oil temperature the chance on getting engine damage will get more likely the higher you go, same for water temperature, threshold 100C. Above that the chance of getting engine damage will increase. However, there's one big random factor built in GPL, that determines and explains why sometimes you get away with overheating, overrevving and speedshifts even, while other times you blow up at the start.

All abuse will add up, and multiplied with the random factor it will decide what happens.

All in all it's quite complicated, and inconsistent, but at the same time one simply has to try to avoid over revving, speedshifts and overheating (oil 115C max, water 100C max). Again, the tachs are inaccurate. GPL graph option will show you the right data, over a lap, for oil and water.

That said, with BRM and especially Honda it's hard to keep water below 100C, and that's also where the relative unreliability from the Honda comes from.

tim Offline

Renn-Genie

13.08.2021 19:49
#22 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Thanks guys for this informative discussion, I`ll have an eye on it and hope for the best!

Fabian Offline

mehrfacher Weltmeister

13.08.2021 22:39
#23 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von Robert Fleurke im Beitrag #21

The more rpm's the engine makes, the more heat they generate. It's true that all cars have different reliability, but still my thresholds are generated from GPL code (Olaf Lehmann).

Above 115C oil temperature the chance on getting engine damage will get more likely the higher you go, same for water temperature, threshold 100C. Above that the chance of getting engine damage will increase. However, there's one big random factor built in GPL, that determines and explains why sometimes you get away with overheating, overrevving and speedshifts even, while other times you blow up at the start.

All abuse will add up, and multiplied with the random factor it will decide what happens.

All in all it's quite complicated, and inconsistent, but at the same time one simply has to try to avoid over revving, speedshifts and overheating (oil 115C max, water 100C max). Again, the tachs are inaccurate. GPL graph option will show you the right data, over a lap, for oil and water.

That said, with BRM and especially Honda it's hard to keep water below 100C, and that's also where the relative unreliability from the Honda comes from.

No

Robert Fleurke Offline

Renn-Genie

05.09.2021 12:33
#24 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von Fabian im Beitrag #23
Zitat von Robert Fleurke im Beitrag #21

No

Que?

Fabian Offline

mehrfacher Weltmeister

12.09.2021 09:15
#25 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von Robert Fleurke im Beitrag #24

Que?

Hoped a short answer would save me time but okay, here's a longer answer. ;)

Forget about temperatures.
D. Kaemmer is a perfectionist and wanted to make GPL super realistic sim, but if I'm not mistaken this is one of the things he had to drop due to calculation power (or rather lack thereof) and the temperature display is a remnant of what he wanted to simulate (in essence what you think it means, that it has a sophisticated effect) - remember on a good PC of the time, you would be able to only drive against 1-4 (!) AIs before the sim would stutter to the point it became completely undrivable... too much to compute already..!

Don't believe me? Go to a flat out track (e.g. Talladega) and drive the car non-stop flat out and the RPMs even a bit on too high revolutions and nice and hot [but otherwise clean and no spiking please, otherwise the engine will break nonetheless ofc] and see what happens. I know I did, many, many (many..) years ago... :)

I suggest engine failures occur on an account-principle. Let's say 5000 points. You start with 0 points and the sim adds XY points with every bad shift, overrevving, bogging rear axle, etc. to the account. If you reach 5000 points, the engine fails. Very simple put.
Hey, who knows, high temperatures may (even) or may not add points but if so I suggest the points added would be a very small increment. So who knows, if it adds 1 point every X seconds the engine could in deed die eventually. But my experience is: you can forget about temperatures, they are just show... or let's be conservative: maybe there is a temperature that is too high, but then the bar is set very high and you won't reach it with "normal" driving and "normal" gearbox-setting.

All this applies to GPL original 67 version - can't say for sure, if modders (Olaf?) mode something out of the temperature-indication.

Robert Fleurke Offline

Renn-Genie

16.09.2021 15:04
#26 RE: Training - Pocono Antworten

Zitat von Fabian im Beitrag #25
Zitat von Robert Fleurke im Beitrag #24

Que?

Hoped a short answer would save me time but okay, here's a longer answer. ;)

Forget about temperatures.
D. Kaemmer is a perfectionist and wanted to make GPL super realistic sim, but if I'm not mistaken this is one of the things he had to drop due to calculation power (or rather lack thereof) and the temperature display is a remnant of what he wanted to simulate (in essence what you think it means, that it has a sophisticated effect) - remember on a good PC of the time, you would be able to only drive against 1-4 (!) AIs before the sim would stutter to the point it became completely undrivable... too much to compute already..!

Don't believe me? Go to a flat out track (e.g. Talladega) and drive the car non-stop flat out and the RPMs even a bit on too high revolutions and nice and hot [but otherwise clean and no spiking please, otherwise the engine will break nonetheless ofc] and see what happens. I know I did, many, many (many..) years ago... :)

I suggest engine failures occur on an account-principle. Let's say 5000 points. You start with 0 points and the sim adds XY points with every bad shift, overrevving, bogging rear axle, etc. to the account. If you reach 5000 points, the engine fails. Very simple put.
Hey, who knows, high temperatures may (even) or may not add points but if so I suggest the points added would be a very small increment. So who knows, if it adds 1 point every X seconds the engine could in deed die eventually. But my experience is: you can forget about temperatures, they are just show... or let's be conservative: maybe there is a temperature that is too high, but then the bar is set very high and you won't reach it with "normal" driving and "normal" gearbox-setting.

All this applies to GPL original 67 version - can't say for sure, if modders (Olaf?) mode something out of the temperature-indication.

Thanks for explaining Fabian. There is for sure a random factor built in that multiplies the amounted engine damage, and you are right there is a certain damage threshold number. If you have a very low random factor, you can get away with abusing the engine. But when this random number is very high, you can lose the engine on the grid or outlap.

Olaf (and Lee Bowden) found values in the source code, when you will amount/get engine damage. Therefore, if you stay within these values, you will most likely not amount engine damage. The values are 100C for water, and 115C for oil. Above these you will amount engine damage pts. Note that the dashboards/tachs are inaccurate. I do check my data/laps with GPL Replay Analyzer for the exact values considering water/oil and over-revving.

Damage rev threshold for each engine (surprisingly high for some):

Cosworth - 9400rpm
Eagle - 10400rpm
Ferrari - 10900rpm
Brabham - 8700rpm
Cooper - 10000rpm
Honda - 11500rpm
BRM - 11200rpm

Note that it's better to shift slightly earlier in general, especially with Honda, to avoid overheating (mostly water). Also it's better to rely on pribluda/GPLRA data than the cockpit dashboard and tachs. The damage system of GPL still remains a bit of an enigma, but at least these numbers have been confirmed in the source code. This damage code seems to be very long and complex, according to Olaf, Lee Bowden and Paul Taylor (PTRacer).

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=14135&st=20#entry156977

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=14135&st=40#entry156990

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=14135&st=40#entry156982

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=14135&st=20#entry156948

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz