Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Foren-Smilies KLICK HIER

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 10 Antworten
und wurde 263 mal aufgerufen
 GPL Gentlemen's League
Hans Marfan Offline

Renn-Legende

25.08.2023 18:43
Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

Server @: IGOR

Alternative IP: 79.201.130.206

Start: 20:00 Uhr / 8:00 p.m. CET

Graphic Update.

Claudio Callipo Offline

Renn-Legende

25.08.2023 22:41
#2 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

Robert Fleurke Offline

Renn-Genie

26.08.2023 11:00
#3 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

Congrats Claudio, you're on a winning streak!

I hope to be back next race.

Claudio Callipo Offline

Renn-Legende

26.08.2023 11:26
#4 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

Also ehrlich gesagt habe ich keine Ahnung wie ich diese Pol Zeit geschafft habe? Aber egal ich stand vorne. Was mir aber auch sorgen machte, ob ich da bleiben kann.
Der Start verlief gut und ich konzentrierte mich auf Turn 1, da sie nicht so gut einzusehen ist. Ich hörte hinter mir etwas und nach der Kurve sah ich das Lasse O. in der Wiese war.
Ich hoffte dass es nicht durch mein vorsichtiges anbremsen passiert war.

Am Anfang konnte ich mich gut lösen, aber mehr als 4 sec. schaffte ich im gesamten Renen nicht. die Verfolger wechselten sich ab. Aber es sollte sich herausstellen das Tim der schnellere ist.
Immer wieder klebte er an mir dran und ich versuchte taktisch zu fahren, dass ich in den Kurven keine fehler machte. Ich dachte auf den Geraden bin ich vor dem Cooper sicher.
Das sollte auch wirklich bis zum Schluss funktionieren und ich war verschwitzt und happy den Flaggenmann als erstes zu sehen!

Gratulation an alle Ankommer und schade für Lasse O. im Replay sah ich dass er auch noch einen Freeze hatte.
==============================================================================================
To be honest, I have no idea how I managed this pole time? But anyway, I stood in front. But I was also worried about whether I could stay there.
The start went well and I concentrated on Turn 1, as it is not so easy to see. I heard something behind me and after the turn I saw that Lasse O. was in the meadow.
I hoped that it hadn't happened because of my careful braking.

At the beginning I was able to break away, but I couldn't gain more than 4 seconds in the whole race. But it turned out that Tim was the faster one.
Again and again he stuck to me and I tried to ride tactically so that I didn't make any mistakes in the corners. I thought I was safe from the Cooper on the straights.
This really worked until the end and I was sweaty and happy to see the flag man first!

Congratulations to all the competitors and a pity for Lasse O. I saw in the replay that he also had a freeze.

Claudio Callipo Offline

Renn-Legende

26.08.2023 11:28
#5 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

Die Tabellen sind übrigens endlich wieder auf dem Aktuellen Stand!
===============================================================
By the way, the tables are finally up to date again!

Claudio Callipo Offline

Renn-Legende

26.08.2023 11:32
#6 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

Zitat von Robert Fleurke im Beitrag #3
Congrats Claudio, you're on a winning streak!

I hope to be back next race.

Thank you Robert.
but only because the fast ones either make more mistakes than I do, or aren't there at all!

I hope you can ride again soon!

Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

27.08.2023 19:22
#7 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

OMG, what a day... one to forget.

Day has been full, as many things went other ways than thought. So i was late on the track.
Qualy went very well, around 3 ten´s faster than expected. But i had no more time to do a single test-start, to just get an idea for the braking point.
Start went well but Tristan not to far away, so i tried not to brake too early, which went severly wrong, not because of late braking only, but because of bad downshifting. I planned to go down to first because that would help the Cooper to turn in even if i would be a bit too fast - stucking in third. So i got of the road, hitting nothing, let the field went by, and "restart" near the end of it.
A Grand Prix is long-lasting, so i started "picking" one by one. That went quite well up to the disco - which i could have prevented if i would have switched off the WLAN. So it became just another point on the list of "things went wrong" this day.

That could have become interesting, i might or should have been able to close that gap over time, so there would have been four cars close to the front.

Next!

tim Offline

Renn-Genie

28.08.2023 05:08
#8 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

What a race! The whole last week here in vienna the temperature climbed to officially 96,8 °F (36°C), which felt like 100°+ here in my apartment.. the air was like in the middle of an pizzastow, for days I felt like living somewhere around Westsahara.. during whole friday I couldn´t imagine to turn the wheel. During practise I changed 2 times t-shirt, after race shirt3 was wet like I came out of Jordan.
But beside those hot circumstances I felt comftable in my Cooper.
In preparation I had done a few laps to tweak a very solid Fleurke-setup (thanks Robert!) to my needs. That worked really well.

Gratulations Claudio, solid & consistant! I tried to buildup pressure on you, but you made no mistake. Well done!
Thank you Tristan for giving me back position in a gentleman style! I needed a real good flow to keep you off my back and was lucky to not lose it!
Also, thank you Greg for explicite fair fighting, that was extra fun.

The whole race was real, BIG fun! And it was great pleasure to race with you all gentlemen!
Hopefully see you again at racingday in indianapolis!

Gregory Taber Offline

Schönwetter-Fahrer

28.08.2023 15:27
#9 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

Congratulations Claudio, Tim, and Tristan! That was a good race!

That was tough. I was better than my tires were. I fought over heating tires most of the race. My tires were good early in the race. I seemed to be doing better than the cars near me. Once my tires got hot my lap times suffered. Tim and Tristan let me in front of them, I don't know how many times. Every time they did it didn't take me long to over heat the tires. I was running such low tire pressure on the rear that late in the race when I was over heating the front tires, that one of my rear tires was yellow on the outside and light blue on the inside.

I was doing somewhat well until late in the race. Tim and Tristan broke me over the course of the race. After one mistake, I lost my focus completely for a moment and drove past my braking point for the Loop. I hit the wall. I lost sight of the leaders after that. I would have been tougher and it would have been an easier race if I could have got my car setup better.

Claudio, you drove great! It was good to see you be so consistent. Tristan and I helped you a little. We kept Tim busy so you might have got a little break from the pressure occasionally.

Tim was good! I couldn't stay in front of him long. I would have preferred to trail him and Tristan but every time I was given the lead, I had no intention of letting them back in front of me. I was happy that I was able to keep Tim busy at times. That was fun and frustrating at the same time.

Tristan did well too. I was as fast as him early in the race but he was too fast for me by the middle of the race. I was a little worried I might cause an accident because of my tire problems but some how I managed to keep my mistakes small when leading Tristan and Tim.

Lasse, there would have been 5 of us near the front until I faltered late in the race. It's a shame you had such a bad day.

That's hot Tim. It was probably 5+ C cooler at my house. Luckily, I don't live near Roswell (Pecos River Valley) or in the Rio Grande Valley. It was probably hotter in those places than your location in Austria. You need to move to a higher elevation. I live almost 2000 meters above sea level. The altitude and low humidity make it nicer in the summer than any where else I have lived.

Thanks for racing gentlemen. I tried my best to learn to drive my laps consistently so anybody unfortunate enough to be behind me wouldn't get any surprises. That didn't work so well, but I'm happy as long as I don't cause an accident.

Robert, I hope you return too. I miss you.

I'm not looking forward to the next race. I don't like driving the 67s at Indy. I don't expect to do well. Maybe, I should go to the mountains and miss the practice race. But I should probably do chores and work on the house. If you don't see me Friday, you'll see me the next Friday.

Take care guys and thanks for letting me join.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch Claudio, Tim und Tristan! Das war ein gutes Rennen!

Das war hart. Ich war besser, als meine Reifen waren. Die meiste Zeit des Rennens kämpfte ich mit überhitzenden Reifen. Zu Beginn des Rennens waren meine Reifen gut. Ich schien besser zu sein als die Autos neben mir. Sobald meine Reifen heiß wurden, litten meine Rundenzeiten. Tim und Tristan haben mich vor sich gelassen, ich weiß nicht, wie oft. Jedes Mal, wenn sie das taten, dauerte es nicht lange, bis ich die Reifen überhitzt hatte. Ich hatte so wenig Reifendruck auf dem Hinterrad, dass gegen Ende des Rennens, als ich die Vorderreifen überhitzte, einer meiner Hinterreifen außen gelb und innen hellblau war.

Bis zum Ende des Rennens lief es einigermaßen gut für mich. Tim und Tristan haben mich im Laufe des Rennens gebrochen. Nach einem Fehler verlor ich für einen Moment völlig die Konzentration und fuhr über meinen Bremspunkt für die Schleife hinaus. Ich fuhr in die Mauer. Danach habe ich die Führenden aus den Augen verloren. Ich wäre stärker gewesen und es wäre ein einfacheres Rennen gewesen, wenn ich mein Auto besser hätte abstimmen können.

Claudio, du bist toll gefahren! Es war gut zu sehen, dass du so konstant warst. Tristan und ich haben dir ein bisschen geholfen. Wir haben Tim beschäftigt, so dass du vielleicht ab und zu eine kleine Pause vom Druck bekommen hast.

Tim war gut! Ich konnte mich nicht lange vor ihm halten. Ich wäre ihm und Tristan lieber gefolgt, aber jedes Mal, wenn ich die Führung übernahm, hatte ich nicht vor, sie wieder vor mir zu lassen. Ich war froh, dass ich Tim zeitweise auf Trab halten konnte. Das war lustig und frustrierend zugleich.

Tristan hat sich auch gut geschlagen. Zu Beginn des Rennens war ich genauso schnell wie er, aber zur Mitte des Rennens war er zu schnell für mich. Ich war ein wenig besorgt, dass ich wegen meiner Reifenprobleme einen Unfall verursachen könnte, aber irgendwie habe ich es geschafft, meine Fehler klein zu halten, während ich Tristan und Tim anführte.

Lasse, wir wären zu fünft an der Spitze gewesen, bis ich gegen Ende des Rennens gestrauchelt bin. Es ist schade, dass du so einen schlechten Tag hattest.

Das ist heiß, Tim. Bei mir zu Hause war es wahrscheinlich 5+ C kühler. Zum Glück wohne ich nicht in der Nähe von Roswell (Pecos River Valley) oder im Rio Grande Valley. Dort war es wahrscheinlich noch heißer als bei Ihnen in Österreich. Sie müssen in eine höhere Lage ziehen. Ich wohne fast 2000 Meter über dem Meeresspiegel. Durch die Höhe und die niedrige Luftfeuchtigkeit ist es im Sommer angenehmer als überall sonst, wo ich gelebt habe.

Danke für das Rennen, meine Herren. Ich habe mein Bestes gegeben, um zu lernen, meine Runden gleichmäßig zu fahren, damit jeder, der das Pech hat, hinter mir zu sein, keine Überraschungen erlebt. Das hat nicht so gut funktioniert, aber ich bin zufrieden, solange ich keinen Unfall verursache.

Robert, ich hoffe, du kommst auch zurück. Ich vermisse dich.

Ich freue mich nicht auf das nächste Rennen. Ich mag es nicht, die 67er in Indy zu fahren. Ich erwarte nicht, dass ich gut abschneide. Vielleicht sollte ich in die Berge fahren und das Trainingsrennen verpassen. Aber wahrscheinlich sollte ich auch Hausarbeiten erledigen. Wenn ihr mich am Freitag nicht seht, werdet ihr mich am nächsten Freitag sehen.

Macht's gut, Leute, und danke, dass ich dabei sein durfte.

tim Offline

Renn-Genie

29.08.2023 10:32
#10 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

@LasseO:
Echt schade wegen deines Rennverlaufs! Wenn du etwas später im Rennen da vorne auch noch mitgemischt hättest wäre es perfekt gewesen. Ich hatte das ganze Rennen ein gutes Gefühl im Wagen, der Flow passte während fast des ganzen GPs, ich musste nie ans letzte Limit. Vielleicht wärst du diesmal nicht an mir vorbei.. ;)))))

Heuer hat die GELI eine besonders gute Balance, es macht richtig Spass!

@Greg:
boah! altitude 2000m and cable-internet-connection, impossible here in austria for average people ;)

Translation by DeepL:

@LasseO:
Really too bad about your race! If you could close up later in the race, it would have been perfect. I had a good feeling in the car the whole race, the flow was right during almost the whole GP, I never had to go to the last limit. Maybe you wouldn't have passed me this time... ;)))))

This year the GELI has a very good balance, it's really fun!

Ferdi Offline

Racing-Guru

12.09.2023 10:59
#11 RE: Watkins Glen Int. '71 - Grand Prix Antworten

Gruß Ferdi

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz