Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Foren-Smilies KLICK HIER

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 24 Antworten
und wurde 666 mal aufgerufen
 GPL Gentlemen's League
Seiten 1 | 2
Robert Fleurke Offline

Renn-Genie

30.11.2019 12:04
#16 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

Thank you guys for reinstating me! Will ask my provider to look into it, arguably a faulty modem (I have quite an old one). If it happens next time again, I will retire, since now I have (time) to solve it. Whole year I didn't have connection probs but for last 2 weeks/races here now.

Apologies that it brings extra work to the admins/moderators, and to Lasse, Mario. Greg and Josefine who lost a place. I can understand Lasse, it is frustrating when you think you have won...

Congrats to Claudio for Meisterschaft!

PS: I have just ordered a new modem at my provider, that I will receive coming week. I did search for same problem/provider (incidental connection dropping for 15s), and it seems often to be a faulty (old) modem. Next week Ring training will hopefully show the problem is solved.

Gregory Taber Offline

Schönwetter-Fahrer

30.11.2019 17:35
#17 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

Congrats Rob, Lasse, and Mario! It's nice to see you guys doing such a good job.

I started from the back. I needed to do that. I was very uncomfortable driving the car until late in the race. It was very likely I would have caused problems had I tried to qualify well and then start in the pack. I'm very pleased to finish on this track and keep my car in decent shape. I knew finishing would likely get me a good position. I've had doubts for a year I could finish races on Pro damage. My arm I fractured in April is recovering it's strength. Sadly, I doubt it will ever be as good as it was.

"Greg seemed to be aware and let me by when I did lap him."

For a few laps, I thought you were out of the race. I got a new high resolution TV and I didn't get my Pribluda font size changed before qualifying. It was difficult to read any of Prib's data. Thinking you were out of the race, made me a little sad thinking I was going to knock Josefine off the podium before the end of the race. Her P5 finish is much more impressive than my P4.

I think I made Josefine nervous. She gave me P4 by hitting the haybales at the last hairpin. If I start at back, stay calm ladies and gentlemen. I intend to be cautious as I try to move through the field.

Thanks for letting me race. I'm not in good shape for race starts or taking much pressure. But it is fun trying to finish a race on a track like this.

Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

30.11.2019 23:49
#18 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

Zitat von Robert Fleurke im Beitrag #16
I can understand Lasse, it is frustrating when you think you have won...

Oh, i never thought that, so there´s nothing to feel frustrated with.

My point was just what i said indirectly: If we want to regulate race-results in a reliable way, we will need someone who likes to take some time for looking into the replays (maybe sometimes for long parts of the (or a whole) race).

What we do not want is to implement a jury or tiring discussions after the races. A gentleman should be able to take what ever happend (in race, hardware, connection) in a laid-back way. Which doesn´t mean that no regulation is possible.

This season is one of the most exciting for me. There have been many races with very long duels. I don´t know how it could be more fun. The results are not my first priority (which doesn´t mean i´m going unhasty).

Cruo Offline

Renn-Genie

01.12.2019 10:41
#19 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

Zitat von Loepi im Beitrag #18
This season is one of the most exciting for me. There have been many races with very long duels. I don´t know how it could be more fun. The results are not my first priority (which doesn´t mean i´m going unhasty).

Top. Yea. its great here, anywhere is fight here,

Robert Fleurke Offline

Renn-Genie

01.12.2019 12:19
#20 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

Zitat von Loepi im Beitrag #18
I can understand Lasse, it is frustrating when you think you have won...

Oh, i never thought that, so there´s nothing to feel frustrated with.

My point was just what i said indirectly: If we want to regulate race-results in a reliable way, we will need someone who likes to take some time for looking into the replays (maybe sometimes for long parts of the (or a whole) race).

What we do not want is to implement a jury or tiring discussions after the races. A gentleman should be able to take what ever happend (in race, hardware, connection) in a laid-back way. Which doesn´t mean that no regulation is possible.

Thanks for explaining Lasse and well said. I agree with both you and Sanjin. Winning isn't everything for me either, the most fun races are the battles and the chasing, rather than the runaway wins.

Claudio Callipo Offline

Renn-Legende

01.12.2019 13:20
#21 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

Thank you guys for reinstating me! Will ask my provider to look into it, arguably a faulty modem (I have quite an old one). If it happens next time again, I will retire, since now I have (time) to solve it. Whole year I didn't have connection probs but for last 2 weeks/races here now.

Apologies that it brings extra work to the admins/moderators, and to Lasse, Mario. Greg and Josefine who lost a place. I can understand Lasse, it is frustrating when you think you have won...

No problem Robert!
I have said many times that we are not fighting for millions of euros here, but for the fun of racing.
Nevertheless, Fairnes should be capitalized. On the track and at the results.

Congrats to Claudio for Meisterschaft!

Thanks a lot!
I also could not believe it after the last race!
It was not easy against you and against the others.
Next year I have to drive a slower chassis, of fairness.
I think the title will bei yours next season.
And hope the others will make it extremely exciting

Mit sportlichem Gruss
Claudio
-----------------------------------------------------
Vernünftige Autos werden vom Antrieb geschoben, nicht gezogen !!! (Walter Röhrl)

tim Offline

Renn-Genie

02.12.2019 08:28
#22 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

An early mistake by myself in a relativ easy turn..
forced me to watch and stun at your skills and saw laps of great driving racers!
What a progress Josefine is doing, astoning!
Robert close to lightspeed as always!

BIG Gratulation to Claudio for championship-title!!! -very well done!

Hans Marfan Offline

Renn-Legende

02.12.2019 21:49
#23 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

Schön zu sehen, daß das alles soweit geklappt hat Danke für`s übernehmen, CC!

Seite ist jetzt leicht verspätet auch wieder aktuell.

Ich möchte übrigens nochmal auf die Streckenwahl für 2020 hinweisen, Prototyp des Rennkalenders wird am Wochenende zur Debatte gestellt.

Robert Fleurke Offline

Renn-Genie

04.12.2019 20:04
#24 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

Zitat von Claudio Callipo
Next year I have to drive a slower chassis, of fairness.
I think the title will be yours next season.
And hope the others will make it extremely exciting

If anything, I want to be more in the mix, that's why I joined GELI as well. I am a good qualifier, but you guys always bring your A-game in the races. But starting at the front is much easier than in midfield or in the back, ofcourse. Might be an idea that I qualify only on racefuel next season!? In racepace Willi and Kelvin are way closer -or even faster than me- than in qualifying. I wouldn't mind if they take a faster car as well, if they want or like.

That said, personally I prefer the BRM above the Honda. It's much more fun to drive IMO. The Honda is a dog, even when it's clearly faster than the BRM, and even slightly faster than the Cooper overall.

Even when it never gets old, I have won enough the last few years. I just want to have fun racing close with all of you, as long as I can...

Hope this isn't too much off topic. Arguably you guys will open a topic for self-handicapping for next season!?

Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

06.12.2019 23:20
#25 RE: Opatija - Pro Long Antworten

Oh, we will have a Teams/Cars-Thread soon, i think. And i am sure we are going to find an adequate handicap for you!

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz