Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Foren-Smilies KLICK HIER

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten
und wurde 370 mal aufgerufen
 GPL Gentlemen's League
Claudio Callipo Offline

Renn-Legende

12.02.2016 22:16
Watkins Glen ´48 - PL Antworten

Mit sportlichem Gruss
Claudio
-----------------------------------------------------
Vernünftige Autos werden vom Antrieb geschoben, nicht gezogen !!! (Walter Röhrl)

Ferdi Offline

Racing-Guru

13.02.2016 09:18
#2 RE: Watkins Glen ´48 - PL Antworten

Gruß Ferdi

Gregory Taber Offline

Schönwetter-Fahrer

13.02.2016 16:49
#3 RE: Watkins Glen ´48 - PL Antworten

Congratulations Lasse, Mario, and Claudio! Those are awesome lap times by Lasse.

So far my luck and skill with the Honda are lacking. I had a good qualifying session. My strategy for qualifying needed improvement. I should have run shorter stints.

The race didn't go well at all. Two accidents reduced my engine's power each time. One of those signs jumped out to snag me when I was trailing Chris. I know it will snag you even though it looks like you have room visually. It seemed worse than usual that time. That accident reduced my power so much that I no longer needed 5th gear. I thought things got boring after my first reduction in horsepower. The second reduction made it pointless to continue.

If I continue so poorly with the Honda, next season I'll have to use a Brabham. It's a car I need to learn to drive better.

Thanks guys.

Claudio Callipo Offline

Renn-Legende

13.02.2016 22:59
#4 RE: Watkins Glen ´48 - PL Antworten

Thank you Gregory. But you were also very fast.
What did you do on the set, you came so fast on the rails? You are then as quickly past me, that was crazy!!

Eine Irre Strecke. Auch wenn einigen diese Strecke nicht gefällt, es ist ne wahnsinnige Herausforderung hier keine Fehler zu machen.
Von mir aus nächstes Jahr wieder.

Am Anfang konnt ich super Willi jagen. Versuchte immer nah dran zu bleiben für die Gerade um ihn im Windschatten zu packen. Leider kam mir der 2. Sprunghügel in den Weg. Nach dem Aufkommen kam er leicht quer und da gab es kein halten und ab in den Wald. Der Einschlag war heftig aber ich hatte mächtig Glück. Erstens blieb ich im Dickicht nicht hängen wie Kelvin in der Quali und zweitens war der Wagen nicht krumm! Allerding war Willi weg.
Podium war super und Lasse wie von einem anderen Stern.

Grats an alle die das Ziel sahen und besonders an Rainer im BRM !!!!!!

Mit sportlichem Gruss
Claudio
-----------------------------------------------------
Vernünftige Autos werden vom Antrieb geschoben, nicht gezogen !!! (Walter Röhrl)

Michi_K Offline

Fahrschüler

13.02.2016 23:21
#5 RE: Watkins Glen ´48 - PL Antworten

Managed to pick up a couple of places at the start and ended up behind Mike going onto the straight. Followed him through the esses and the first drop. He hit trouble over the second drop and I was forced to stop my car in avoidance. Had to allow the field behind me to pass before reversing and continuing on. Picked up a spot as Iestyn took the wide line through Archy Simth's corner. Rest of the race was spent on trying to catch Greg and Claudio interrupted by two spins along the way. Not much company during that, just as well the track is a challenge in itself.

Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

14.02.2016 20:43
#6 RE: Watkins Glen ´48 - PL Antworten

Zitat von Claudio Callipo im Beitrag #4
Podium war super und Lasse wie von einem anderen Stern.

Nicht so schnell wie Du 2013!

Wow, that track is so challenging! So the race was really exciting. Two or three times i was very close to out of the race at all. Especially at lap one the turn after the crossing... barely got that one!

Luckily the migraine decreased till the evening and did not really disturb my concentration... So i am happy and happy with that result!

Gregory Taber Offline

Schönwetter-Fahrer

15.02.2016 01:46
#7 RE: Watkins Glen ´48 - PL Antworten

What did you do on the set, you came so fast on the rails? You are then as quickly past me, that was crazy!!

The Honda is much better going over the railroad tracks than the Ferrari was. I didn't have to lift off the throttle as much and car always landed on 4 wheels. The Ferrari liked to kick the rear of the car higher, then landing on the front wheels. I saw you weren't going to land straight and I knew I'd have the momentum to pass. It's a shame I was a little late braking for the next turn.

Rainer Offline

Testfahrer

15.02.2016 17:40
#8 RE: Watkins Glen ´48 - PL Antworten

Grats an alle die das Ziel sahen und besonders an Rainer im BRM !!!!!!

Danke, danke!
Wenn ich schon nicht schnell bin, muss ich wenigstens versuchen anzukommen.

Die Zeiten die ihr hier in den Teer brennt sind ja unglaublich!!! Mir fehlt schon die Fantasie eine sub 3:20 zu fahren.

Gruß Rainer

Hans Marfan Offline

Renn-Legende

15.02.2016 18:11
#9 RE: Watkins Glen ´48 - PL Antworten

Nuja, die Aliens halt. Nach unten ist aber auch genug Luft für die anderen von uns

Greg, I really appreciate your car decision for the race. Seems you adopt the spirit of our small home

Since I'm not sure who is of which tongue I'll do this in english and - I think I forgot to to so before - like to welcome you, Michi and Iestyn!

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz