Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Foren-Smilies KLICK HIER

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten
und wurde 356 mal aufgerufen
 GPL Gentlemen's League
Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

17.07.2015 00:58
Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Nun bin ich doch glatt beim zu-Bett-bringen eingepennt... Hoffentlich passiert mir das morgen nicht.

Einführungsrunde mit / pacelap at: 160 km/h / 100 mph

Ferdi Offline

Racing-Guru

17.07.2015 22:12
#2 RE: Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Gruß Ferdi

Michi_K Offline

Fahrschüler

18.07.2015 12:47
#3 RE: Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Spend most of the 80 laps in formation with Lasse, passing each other as we went around. After the start Harald was up front as well but he lost contact after an early spin.
Beside the moment I had to fit the Eagle between the wall and a spun Lotus, the race settled into a nice rhythm. Lasse would pass me out of T2 and I would take back the lead over S/F. Towards the last quarter Harald managed to close in on us but I think he lost his drafting partner so he stalled out with 2 seconds to go. Would have been an interresting situation having 4 cars fight for the win on the last lap. Still great drive making up for that early spin.
So we went into the last lap as a duo. Up to now Lasse kindly gave me the inside through the trioval anytime I just flinched to the left out of T4. I was pretty certain he wouldn't this lap though and so he did. As usual he passed me going into 3. I was a little to close to him and had to tuck out of the draft in the middle of the turn, which in turn destroyed any chance I had of slingshoting around the outside. Anyway P2 is fine with me, 200km of flatout racing without as much as a scratch on both cars, just awesome. Grats.

Kelvin Mace Offline

Schönwetter-Fahrer

19.07.2015 17:44
#4 RE: Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Once again another pretty cool oval track event, I’m really happy that I survived this superspeedway battle running 5th at the line .
Out side the cockpit Daytona looks like a very easy track, flat out all the way around, lots of room to navigate on a 100 feet wide track, so all the ingredients for a boring race .
From inside the cockpit, racing this track at 200mph with the other contenders bunched up in the draft is one of the most nerve wrecking, mentally demanding racing!
It's very hard to get it right:
1st to be competitive (according to lap speed) you have to setup your car on the edge; done that there’s not much manoeuvrability in your car left, so you will need more room to navigate.
2nd Gearing: keep in mind those rpms will climb higher in the draft, be aware of that and set the gear transmission ratio a tad longer, so your engine has a much better chance to survive a 1 hour 100% throttle orgy.
and finaly 3rd: respect our opponents out on track and give ’em room to race.

Below the line, it’s not the smartest thing to show up on track with no practice thinking, this is a easy place to be!
‘wide open spaces, flat out racing, guys that sounds easy! So what, even a rangutang could do that!’ with this mindset you will come to grief, believe me.

Just a quick recap from my run at Daytona in the Honda.
Time in qualifying wasn’t that bad, but with all the eagles in the field it was only good for inside 4th row .
At the start I nearly messed it up! The plan was to stay behind the front running eagles in the draft and to accomplish that I need a really good start. So approaching to the line I heard some enginerevs climbing high and I floored it, ...I nearly ran into the back of Willi's eagle and squeezed the Honda down on the apron in the trioval . Glad that nothing worse happened, I only lost a spot to Iestyn* & Claudio in the Lotus.
Surprisingly the Lotus was faster and slowly but surely the gap got bigger and bigger, couldn’t keep up with his speed even down the straight! Really didn’t expected that . Fabian (in another eagle) was not so far behind, but unfortunately had a problem at about lap 20 . So I put it in higher gear to save the fragile Honda engine to survive that race, …that was quite a concern I tell 'ya. Lapping and being lapped was luckily not an issue, just some close calls passing the Loties of Pelle and Claudio (I think).

Grats to Lasse! Great race this win was long overdue .
Also very impressive performance from runner-up Michi! Very smart race; great run mate.

Really a shame that Col missed that superspeedway hunt , hope he’s with us again next time.

C U on track guys and looking forward to the next one, Kelvin

------------

Extrem pressure creates diamonds

Fabian Offline

mehrfacher Weltmeister

20.07.2015 20:02
#5 RE: Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Hab' ich im Rückspiegel doch richtig gesehen: Ferdi ist wegen meinem Straucheln seinerseits ins Straucheln gekommen. Sorry dafür..
zu meiner Verteidigung muss ich sagen, dass da gerade jemand "PI" geschrieben hat. Ich kann einfach nicht anders als automatisch auf Nachrichten zu schielen... (Total-Awareness-Syndrom? )
Indirekt bin ich auch an einem Wand-Kuss von Albrecht verantwortlich... :/

Ich kriege dieses Schlagen (Oszillieren) vom Lenkrad nicht heraus und ohne Force Feedback habe ich kein Gefühl für die Lenkung. So war es für mich einfach zu schwer, ordendlich zu fahren. Zudem schrubbt sowas auf solchen Superspeedways natürlich an der Rundenzeit. Ausserdem hatte ich mich zu wenig auf das Rennen vorbereitet und das Setup war somit etwas zu konservativ. Wobei.... 45.890 ohne Windschatten ist doch schon mal gar ned so schlecht.
Es reichte gerade, um mit Kelvins Reisschüssel einigermasseen mithalten zu können.
Bald schon kam das wohl unvermeidliche und es hat mich in die Wand geschmettert, Rad ab. Besser so. Mit dem Handling war die Fahrt kein Vergnügen. Beim Aussteigen habe ich realisiert, dass 80 Runden gar nicht so viel sind. Leider diktiert der Tankinhalt die Distanz. Vielleicht solltet ihr doch mal den Pit-Patch in erwägung ziehen (Tanken geht, Reset geht nicht).
grats Ankommer & Podium

Was müssen meine Augen beim sichten des Replays sehen? Die Dusel-Szene des Jahres. lol

Chris Offline

Top-Fahrer

21.07.2015 14:29
#6 RE: Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Number of lead changes: 37

das ist normal, ja?

pit Offline

Racing-Guru

21.07.2015 14:38
#7 RE: Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Nein, eher wenig auf solcher Vollgasstrecke mit ständiger Windschattenlutscherei.

-----------------------
...noch vernünftigere Autos werden vom Antrieb geschoben und gezogen! (pit)

Claudio Callipo Offline

Renn-Legende

21.07.2015 23:40
#8 RE: Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Einfach mal mitfahren Chris.

Von wegen bei der F 1 wird nicht überholt

Mit sportlichem Gruss
Claudio
-----------------------------------------------------
Vernünftige Autos werden vom Antrieb geschoben, nicht gezogen !!! (Walter Röhrl)

Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

21.07.2015 23:47
#9 RE: Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Wow, what a race! Hard work (on concentration), much fun (at slipstreamin´), perfect result (for me).

And that - shokin´ - moment. About 90% of the last second before that "maneuver" i thought: "That´s it!"
I do not really know how i got through that situation. It was much more an instinctive act than a cognitive one...

What i just would like to know is: What did you think, Claudio, at this moment:?!?

Thank you very much, Michi! Without our well workin´ team play, we wouldn´t have been able to stay away from Harry and Mario.

Claudio Callipo Offline

Renn-Legende

22.07.2015 10:16
#10 RE: Oval-Cup Daytona Antworten

Zitat von Loepi im Beitrag #9

What i just would like to know is: What did you think, Claudio, at this moment

Nicht viel, nur: Oje lass den Kelch an mir vorüberziehen.

Da fehlte nicht viel zu einer Katastrophe!!

ICh war da nur Passagier. Die Strecke war extrem rutschig. Kurz vorher kam ich erst wieder zurück nach einem extrem langen Ausflug in der Wiese. In der Luda sah ich das genug Platz ist. Als ich allerdings auf dem Asphalt einen tick zu viel Gas gab drehte sich die Kiste schon wieder.

Wieder schlidderte ich unkontrolliert und bei 300 Sachen wart ihr dann schon da. Ich dachte nur noch. Jetzt blos nicht wieder Gas geben und langsam rollen, da werd ich besser gesehen und man kann mich besser einschätzen. Gott sei dank passierte nix.

SRY

Mit sportlichem Gruss
Claudio
-----------------------------------------------------
Vernünftige Autos werden vom Antrieb geschoben, nicht gezogen !!! (Walter Röhrl)

Monaco PL »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz