Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Foren-Smilies KLICK HIER

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten
und wurde 367 mal aufgerufen
 GPL Gentlemen's League
Ferdi Offline

Racing-Guru

16.05.2014 22:08
Langhorne Oval-Cup Antworten

Gruß

azul Offline

Renn-Legende

18.05.2014 05:00
#2 RE: Langhorne Oval-Cup Antworten

Tolles Rennen,
danke Kelvin, danke All.
Mehr davon.
Kommt nach Michigan in meine "Oval-Top 5". Bleibt noch Platz
cu on track
axel

----------------
born to be vee
www.ac-racing.com

Fabian Offline

mehrfacher Weltmeister

18.05.2014 19:24
#3 RE: Langhorne Oval-Cup Antworten

yup, wie so oft ein schönes Rennen, weil auf den Ovals immer was los ist und man mehr von der Action mitkriegt. :)

hatte nicht so die Zeit, um mir ein Setup zu basteln. Das Resultat kurz vor dem Rennstart war nicht so, wie ich es mir vorgestellt hatte, aber es war ein anständiger Kompromiss zwischen sicher und mit-dem-gas-fahrbar. Ich hatte aber fest damit gerechnet, dass es irgendwann sehr untersteuernd wird und ich dann absumpfe. Glücklicherweise hielt sich das Untersteuern in Grenzen und ich war ganz schön verblüfft, auf P2 zu kommen.
Lasse war stets auf Sicht-Distanz und darum habe ich damit gerechnet, dass er mich irgendwann ab Runde 40-60 aufschnupfen würde, sobald das Untersteuern einsetzen sollte.
Der Abstand war aber stabil und wäre es vielleicht auch geblieben, wenn ich nicht ab und an die Banden berührt und mir die Aufhängungen kaltverformt hätte, was der Pace nicht gerade dienlich war.
Lasse kam ran aber ich habe alle Register gezogen, um den Vorsprung ins Ziel zu retten, was zu meiner Verwunderung auch gelang.
Tatsächlich hat er ironischerweise dafür gesorgt, dass ich weiterpushe anstatt Müdigkeit und Resignation Überhand nehmen zu lassen. :)
Mit P2 hätte ich nie gerechnet. *freu*

Kompliment an alle Fahrer. Noch während des Rennens war ich recht beeindruckt, wie schnell alle unterwegs waren.
Grats an Kelvin, der förmlich Kreise um die Konkurrenz gefahren ist.. (achtung wortspiel! höhö..)

sorry für die Verunfallten. Das Oval macht einen einfachen Eindruck, hat es aber faustdick hinter den Ohren.

Kelvin Mace Offline

Schönwetter-Fahrer

18.05.2014 21:33
#4 RE: Langhorne Oval-Cup Antworten

Zitat von Fabian im Beitrag #3
Grats an Kelvin, der förmlich Kreise um die Konkurrenz gefahren ist.. (achtung wortspiel! höhö..)

Thanks Fabian. Well, to be honest the Ferrari made it look easy . Winning this race with a 2 Lap gap in a mighty machine isn’t strategywise the smartest thing with this cup’s chassis format! After my Michigan-embarrassment I was under the gun, to score some big points @ Langhorne. First I flirted with the Lotus which is damn fast here, but after some hotlaps with the red diva, I surprisingly figured out that she's quite as fast .
In Quals I aimed for a Sub 28 but it looks like my crewchief put some more magic in the car. A 27,7 blasted all expectations!
The race itself was a ton of fun, not because I had the dominant car that evening, but rather steering this badass car more with the right food than with the wheel.
After I lapped Fabian, this unpleasant felling crept up on me that now my car is my secret enemy in this race , which made it mentally pretty stressful the rest of the way. I told myself lap after lap: Don’t mess it up!!
I’m really happy with that strong finish at Langhorne but it’s kind of a bitter-sweet victory in the Ferrari here, ‘cause the top contenders in the cup ran much weaker cars. A smart move strategywise, so their best is yet to come. I bet the 2nd half of the schedule will be very exciting .

Grats Fabian & Lasse for this epic battle for 2nd .

Gongrats Col for a terrific race ! You need some big balls to overcome this mean track in the heavy duty BRM. I guess you are the secret winner in this event.

Unfortunately David wasn’t able to join your oval party . I’m sure he would have put his mark on this event, too.

The upcoming race will be something very special. I hope to see double digits down in the oval-shorty @ Thompson, …the more the better .
Looking forward to a great GPL spectacle.

------------

Extrem pressure creates diamonds

col bentley Offline

Boxen-Helfer

19.05.2014 04:56
#5 RE: Langhorne Oval-Cup Antworten

Wow what a difficult track , really hard to battle other drivers, the battle was not hitting the wall ...... which I managed to do 3 times, but, only slightly.

Kelvin did a great job to make sure he picked up max points , as he knew he had to , myself I just took the bogey car to get it out of the way , it was a big bonus to be able to get close to Harry in the Honda from @ half distance .... for a while I thought I may get the chance to challenge ... then the damn leaders kept interfering with our battle ;-).

It was another really interesting race , whoever thought of this formula for the oval cup is a star , its good to drive all the cars and tactically make decisions on which is best for the track , I even enjoyed running 5th in a Brm 2 laps down .

Massive grats to Fab who drove a great race in the Cooper, good to see you spraying the champagne along with Lasse who is proving to be a strong competitor.

Damn shame there was no David or Mario (or Carsten) on the grid ........... onto Thompson which also looks pretty intense to me.

Regards Col

Harald Podzielny Offline

Boxen-Helfer

21.05.2014 18:12
#6 RE: Langhorne Oval-Cup Antworten

Einen Tag vorher hab ich das Setup nochmal sehr verändert.Die Rundenzeiten waren im Test ganz ok.Im Rennen hab ich diese
aber nicht auf den Asphalt gebracht Gegen Rari und Lotus null Chance und Lasse im Cooper drehte mächtig auf.Habe Lasse
hinter mir im Eifer des Gefechts nicht gleich registriert.Dachte es wäre Col der einfach nicht locker lies ,soory nochmal.
Platz 4 habe ich dann aber doch noch halten können Mal sehen was die kommenden Rennen noch so mit sich bringen

Gruß
Harry

Grats dem Podium

Loepi Offline

Renn-Legende

21.05.2014 21:09
#7 RE: Langhorne Oval-Cup Antworten

A nice one, i think! Seems that i´m not too slow at the ovals you don´t (really) need to brake.

It was just a little satisfying to be able to go with Fabian in the Lotus (@Col: ). But as i said in the thread: The Cooper is quite fast at Longhorne traditionally.

Now i only need to learn to go all the other ovals without using the brakes. Thompson, i´m on my way!

col bentley Offline

Boxen-Helfer

22.05.2014 18:48
#8 RE: Langhorne Oval-Cup Antworten

Ahhh yes , Fab was in Lotus ! , thanks for reminding me ....... I was concentrating on the white car too much .

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz